What Is Vein Disease?
Vein disease, or chronic venous insufficiency of the legs, is a condition that affects about half of all Americans. This disease occurs when veins in the legs become abnormal and blood flow is prevented. There are numerous conditions that can occur as a result of vein disease. Our team at CVD Vein Clinic provides specialized care for a variety of vein conditions.
Symptoms of Vein Disease
Symptoms of vein disease include leg swelling or discomfort, painful bulging veins, skin discoloration, and ulcers. If you are experiencing symptoms of vein disease, call CVD Vein Clinic today for a consultation. Our team will assess your symptoms and run tests if necessary. We are dedicated to reducing symptoms and getting to the root cause of your vein conditions in order to provide lasting results and prevent future issues.
How We Diagnose Vein Disease
Diagnosis is done in our clinic by our team of highly trained and experienced doctors. Depending on your symptoms, you may need an ankle-brachial index (ABI) test, an ultrasound, or other assessments in order for us to diagnose your condition.
Vein Disease Treatment Options
We offer sclerotherapy, laser vein removal, vein ablation, and venography treatment here at our clinic in Fall River, MA. You can learn more about the procedures we offer here.
The Conditions We Treat
- Spider Veins – These are tiny visible veins in the skin that rarely cause other symptoms. They are easy to treat using sclerotherapy or laser.
- Varicose Veins – These are dilated veins that cause a lump you can feel under your skin. These are often caused by problems with deeper veins and can cause symptoms like pain, throbbing, itching, or heaviness. We usually look for the cause that made them grow and treat it. Once we do that, these veins often go away. If varicose veins are still present, we can treat them with sclerotherapy or we can remove them.
- Venous Ulcers – Venous ulcers are lasting sores on the legs caused by issues with blood circulation. These can be quite painful and need treatment to heal. We provide treatment and wound care for venous ulcers.
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency – This condition, also known as vein disease, is associated with a variety of symptoms. This condition occurs when blood is not circulating properly in the legs.
- Swollen Legs – Swelling in the legs can be caused by lack of circulation in the blood vessels of the legs. We can determine the cause of swollen legs and provide treatment that is specialized to each patient.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – Also known as DVT, this condition can be life-threatening. It is usually treated using blood thinners, but many times there is an advantage in removing the clot and treating the cause of the DVT. These interventions can save your life and make it less likely that you will suffer future problems with your legs, such as pain or swelling.
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome – Do you suffer from ongoing aching pain or heaviness in the pelvic area? Set up a consultation with CVD Vein Clinic today to find out whether this might be pelvic congestion syndrome. This is a condition that affects the veins in the pelvis and can be treated by a simple outpatient intervention.
Risk Factors for Vein Disease
Factors that increase your risk of vein disease include age, family history of vein disease, smoking, diabetes, obesity, certain treatments for other diseases, hormonal abnormalities including the use of estrogen or oral birth control, and restricted mobility.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
We are a team of surgeons with more than 30 years of combined experience, equipped to treat a wide variety of vein conditions. We have the experience and expertise to help you find relief from vein conditions. Call us today or schedule a consultation online to receive personalized attention from our board-certified general and vascular surgeons.