Who We Are
We are a 4 provider Board Certified Vascular Surgery Group.
We currently operate at St Anne’s, Charlton, Morton, Roger Williams, Our Lady of Fatima and Sturdy Memorial Hospitals. Our main office is in Fall River, MA but we also have clinic hours in Taunton, Massachusetts and in Johnston, Rhode Island.
In September of 2013 we opened the first outpatient Vascular Angiography Suite in Massachusetts. Many same-day procedures that previously had to be performed at the hospital, will now be performed as an outpatient in our office.
About CVD Vein Clinic
The vein doctors at CVD Vein Clinic treat a wide range of vein conditions and perform various vein procedures. We can help you determine whether your veins are a medical problem or a cosmetic one. If your legs swell by the end of the day, you have bulging veins that hurt, or if the discomfort in your legs has ever made you stop some daily tasks to rest, you likely have a medical problem on hand. But don’t worry, our team of highly-experienced vascular specialists can help.
The Vein Conditions We Treat
At CVD Vein Clinic, we treat a wide range of vein conditions. If you suffer from a vein condition – common or rare – you can rely on our expert team to provide you with excellent treatment and care. The vein conditions we treat include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Spider Veins – These are tiny veins in the skin that you can barely touch with your finger and that rarely cause symptoms. They are easy to treat with sclerotherapy or laser vein treatment.
- Varicose Veins – These are dilated veins that cause a lump under the skin. Often, they are caused by problems with the deeper veins and can cause pain, throbbing, itching, or heaviness.
- Swollen Legs – These are usually caused by the compression of the veins, usually due to some problems inside the veins. We will investigate the cause of the swelling and treat the cause.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – Also known as DVT, this condition can be life-threatening. It is usually treated using blood thinners, but there are benefits in removing the clot and treating the cause.
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome – If you suffer from pain during intercourse or heaviness and discomfort in the pelvic area, you may have pelvic congestion syndrome. This condition affects the veins in the abdomen and pelvis and can be treated with a simple outpatient intervention.
The Vein Procedures We Offer
At CVD Vein Clinic in Fall River, MA, we are proud to offer a wide range of vein procedures. We offer sclerotherapy, laser vein removal, vein ablation, venography, radiofrequency ablation, and more. Below, we’ve gone into further detail regarding the various types of vein procedures we offer:
- Sclerotherapy – This procedure involves the injection of a solution directly into the affected vein or veins. This solution causes the lining of the blood vessel to swell and stick together.
- Laser Vein Removal – Laser vein removal, also called endovenous laser varicose vein surgery, is a medical procedure that uses heat from a laser to reduce varicose veins.
- Vein Ablation – Vein ablation, also called endovenous ablation, is a medical procedure that helps to treat varicose veins. This procedure uses an ultrasound to locate any problematic veins.
- Venography – In this outpatient surgical procedure, we can open up occluded or narrow deep veins, place stents, dissolve and remove clots, and seal veins causing problems.
- Radiofrequency Ablation – Also known as RFA, this medical procedure treats varicose veins. It uses heat created from radiofrequency (RF) to close off blood flow in the primary problem vein.
Contact CVD Vein Clinic Today
If you need varicose vein treatment or spider vein treatment, you’ve come to the right place. Whether your reasons for treatment are medical or cosmetic, the professional team at CVD Vein Clinic in Fall River, MA can help. Our team of board-certified general and vascular surgeons is highly trained and experienced and boasts more than 30 years of collective experience. Contact us today to learn more.